Grab the Coffee!
* Techdirt Is A Never Ending “Dumb Off”
* Untruth in Advertising: Pandora’s Misleading Plea To Listeners On Behalf Of The Internet Radio “Fairness” Act.
* Mellencamp Character Assassination. The New Republic Bravely Stands Up For Corporations and Criminal Groups That Exploit Artists.
From Around The Web:
– Artist who sued Twitter over copyright declares victory—via settlement
– The Russian underground economy has democratized cybercrime
– Google settles Rosetta Stone lawsuit, its last major dispute over AdWords
– Friday’s Endnotes – 11/02/12
Music Producer Tunnidge via Facebook
– Tunnidge Facebook Post
“I am going to try and be as obvious as possible. Without being able to make money from our music it effects greatly our ability to make the music, more often it stops us.”
The Illusion Of More
– On Letting Foxes Mind Chicken Coops
The Register UK
– The Big Debate: OK gloomsters, how can the music biz be FIXED?
– Towards a manifesto
“We can’t just hope that the interests of music and technology companies will always magically align with ours. We have to participate in the process. Otherwise, we just have to accept that anachronistic legislation, policies and deals will continue to be written without our input. We need public policy that reflects us. We need fair royalty schemes. We need companies to build our interests into their business models.”
– Theft is not “Free Speech”
– AN INVITATION TO FREE INTERNET ADVOCATES TO JOIN US
“Without free speech, copyright protection is meaningless. The two rights are critical to artists and combined have proven to be a powerful force for social justice around the world. That is why we consistently and openly advocate for a fair and open internet that champions free speech as well as respect for authorship.”
– Piracy Topsite Operators Handed Suspended Jail Sentences
– IMAGiNE BitTorrent Piracy Group Members Jailed
– BitTorrent Pirate Ordered to Pay $1.5 Million Damages For Sharing 10 Movies
– Link ‘Pirate’ Sentenced to Pay $13,000 to NBA, NFL, NHL, WWE and TNA