Grab the coffee!
* Lars Was First And Lars Was Right
* Zoë Keating’s Request for Internet Transparency met w/ usual Hypocrisy
* The Most Important Fact Academics and The Copyleft Neglect to Mention: Copyright is Optional.
* Giving Thanks for Creators Rights and Copyright
* Congressional Research Service Memo on Constitutionality of IRFA Section 5
* Other Than That Mr Westergren, How Was The Play? IRFA Gets An Ass Whupping
* Or Pandora Could Add Another Minute Of Advertising And Raise Their Revenue 50%
* Video of the “Radio Active” panel at The Future of Music Summit 2012.
* The Internet Radio Fairness Act’s Attack on Free Speech
* This photo says it all
* Google’s Serial Obfuscation: Music Canada,BPI, Billboard Question Whether Google Has Really Lowered Pirate Sites Search Rankings
* IRFA is the Broadcast Industry’s SOPA. Censors Free Speech
* IRFA and the Future of Music Policy Summit: Why Would FOMC Miss An Opportunity to Defend Artist Rights?
Seeking Alpha :
* The Internet Radio Fairness Act Will Fail
Ars Technica :
* Pandora’s Internet radio bill hits a wall of opposition in Congress
House Judiciary Committee – Video of the Hearing:
* Music Licensing Part One: Legislation in the 112th Congress
WELL, THIS IS EMBARRASSING – OOOPSIES! THE RSC’s FICTIONAL LOOK AT COPYRIGHT IS RECALLED IN LESS THAN 24 HRS:
Music Tech Policy:
* Critiquing The “Free Culture” Book Report or “The Copyright Education of Mr. Khanna”
FROM AROUND THE WEB:
* German lawmakers call Google campaign ‘cheap propaganda’
“The campaign initiated by Google is cheap propaganda,” said conservative lawmakers Guenter Krings and Ansgar Heveling.
“Under the guise of a supposed project for the freedom of the internet, an attempt is being made to coopt its users for its own lobbying,” the two said in a statement.
* Making Cents – Damon Krukowski of Galaxie 500 and Damon & Naomi breaks down the meager royalties currently being paid out to bands by streaming services and explains what the music business’ headlong quest for capital means for artists today.
The Cynical Musician:
* Reco’nize: The Original Cynical Musician (Lars Ulrich)
The National Review Online:
* Myths and Facts about Copyright
Digital Music News:
* We’ve Written Some of the Biggest Songs In History. And This Is What Pandora Pays Us…
* If You Stream a Song Once a Day, When Does It Pay the Same As a Download?
* My Song Was Played 3.1 Million Times on Pandora. My Check Was $39…
* Finally: A Solution for Pandora’s Financial Problems…
* IMAGiNE BitTorrent Piracy Group “Sysop” Jailed 40 months
* BitTorrent Site Owners Fear European Domain Name Seizures
* Canada Set For Mass BitTorrent Lawsuits, Anti-Piracy Company Warns
Worth an encore, Lars Ulrich predicts the demise of Artists Rights to Internet Robber Barrons in 2000 on The Charlie Rose Show.